Polk State soccer welcomes 14 new players as it prepares for the 2018 season.
The new student-athletes include one from Brazil, another from Finland, and 12 from various locations in Florida, including Frostproof and Winter Haven.
The new players include:
- Vilja Aaltonen, defender, Helsinki, Finland
- Sarah Aponte, defender, Ocala, Fla.
- Dorothy Avarado, midfielder, Frostproof, Fla.
- Cassondra Bernardo, defender, Ocala, Fla.
- Kristina Budzban, defender, Tampa, Fla.
- Matti Campbell, forward, Citrus Springs, Fla.
- Celeste Chiles, goalkeeper, Port St. Joe, Fla.
- Taylor DeShane, defender, Jacksonville, N.C.
- Samantha Gutierrez, midfielder, Plant City, Fla.
- Hannah Kuster, goalkeeper, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Xiomara Lewis-Ruggiano, midfielder, Melbourne, Fla.
- Ariel Navarrete, midfielder, Plant City, Fla.
- Ciarra Rava, defender, Palm Bay, Fla.
- Alexis Smith, midfielder, Lake Minneola, Fla.
"We're extremely pleased with this recruiting class," said Head Coach Steve Linamen.
"We added a few athletes to strengthen our backline as well as some additional speed to our attack.
"As always we looked to bring in a well-rounded group of student-athletes to continue the culture of high academic standards in addition to strong character. This should be an exciting year."